How to Straighten Your Hair Naturally
What can you find in your kitchen besides your next meal? Beauty
solutions, of course! When you consider what you put your hair through
daily in order to sport the look and express your individuality, itís no
wonder that some of the best treatments out there are found in their
natural state. When you realize that the high price you are paying for a
product is helping to provide the glossy packaging, glam commercials,
and print ads, you may want to rethink your spending habits. Here is a
collection of very specific home treatments, tried and true and
recommended by some of the most famous hair stylists in the industry.
Chances are some of your favorite celebs are stirring up a few for
- Take 1/3 cup of milk and put in a spritzer spray bottle. Recycle
a bottle thatís held food stuff, not cleaning stuff, and clean
thoroughly after each use.
- Spritz dry hair and let sit 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual with your regular products. Hair
will be smooth, silky and shiny.
Follow directions as is. This will not leave your hair smelling like
milk or any other odors. If time allows, let hair dry naturally.
Milky Straight and Honey Sweet
- 1/3 cup of milk with a few drops of honey added
- Spritz dry hair and let sit at least 1 hour, 2 hours maximum
- Shampoo and condition
Adding honey to your basic recipe is advisable if you have curly or
dry hair. Honey is nourishing to the hair that accepts the nutrients
well. A few drops will do as anymore makes it hard for the milk to
absorb the honey.
The Ultimate Hot Oil Treatment
- Choose your favorite oil. Olive and coconut is most common but
anything will do.
- If baby oil is your only choice, go lightly as itís more
formulated not to wash out.
- Heat oil in the microwave and check temperature before
- Apply to your scalp by lifting your dry hair and massaging in
small areas at a time.
- Take a large towel and place in the dryer for a few minutes.
- Wrap hair in hot towel and relax for as long as you can.
- Wash hair with a mild shampoo. No need for conditioner.
Olive oil has been used since Cleopatraís reign to beautify and
nourish. Combine with 2 eggs and you have the perfect remedy for
damaged, dry hair.
- Beat 2 eggs smooth. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive oil depending
on the length of your hair.
- Stir till ingredients are mixed together. Apply to dry hair with
a soft brush. Wrap in hot towel as described in previous recipe.
- Leave at least 2 hours, longer if possible. Shampoo as usual and
dry naturally if time allows. Your hair will be fabulous!
Using the above recipes regularly will benefit several areas of your
hair care. Drying naturally and combing straight down with a wide tooth
comb encourages the shape of straight hair.